A lot has happened over the last few days creating uncertainty and unrest across our nation. Below are a few updates that you may be interested in specific to our area.
Governor DeSantis April 1st Order:
Governor DeSantis issued a statewide stay at home order to begin Thursday, April 2nd at midnight that is expected to last for at least 30 days. This is an unprecedented time for us all and will require some changes in the way we manage your property so we appreciate your patience as we fine tune our temporary situation. Our managers will continue to service owners and vendors remotely and are accessible via email and cell phone. Our accounting and admin staff will also be working remotely. However, the RDF Associates office will be closed during this time. Assessment payments should be mailed as normal and ACH payments will continue to be process through the association bank. Our maintenance staff will continue to service their assigned properties to maintain sanitation services around the property. To the extent that we are able, we will also continue to work on projects. Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact your association manager.
County Commissioners March 19th Order:
On March 19th, the Okaloosa County Commissioners and Walton County Commissioners voted to close all public beaches for the foreseeable future. The beaches in front of our Gulf front properties are public and therefore included in this closure. We will be posting signs at each property and locking boardwalk gates. UPDATE (March 20): Santa Rosa County has voted to close their beaches as well.
Gov. DeSantis March 17th Order:
- Bars and nightclubs across the state must close by 5 p.m. Tuesday (today) and remain closed for 30 days.
- Restaurants across the state of Florida will now be required to limit customer entry to 50 percent of capacity. Seating must be staggered and limited to ensure seated parties are separated by a distance of at least six feet, in accordance with CDC guidelines. Restaurants are encouraged to remain open and expand take-out and delivery services. UPDATE (March 20): Restaurants are limited to take-out and delivery only. Gyms are now required to shut down.
- Parties accessing public beaches in the state of Florida are to follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance by limiting their gatherings to no more than 10 persons. (Okaloosa and Walton County have since closed their beaches in their entirety).
If you have guests coming to the property, please let them know that things are different in the area and they should plan accordingly. We will work with your Boards to follow guidance from those in leadership at the federal, state, and local levels and will update you further when necessary.
For more information, below are so helpful links that may assist you with following the current situation in our area:
- Here is a website detailing what is open and what isn’t: https://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20200312/coronavirus-nwf—whatrsquos-open–whatrsquos-not—-list-of-closures-and-what-is-still-open
- Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard: https://fdoh.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/8d0de33f260d444c852a615dc7837c86
How RDF Associates is responding:
- Our maintenance staff have prioritized the sanitation of elevators, handrails, and other commonly touched areas.
- Board Meetings will now be held via conference call in order to comply with social distancing recommendations. Notices will go out with conference call #’s prior to meetings.
- In response to Governor Desantis’s order, we have closed our office and will be teleworking. We are still available via cell phone and e-mail, and our maintenance staff continues to service your properties.
We know there is a lot of uncertainty in the world right now and some of our procedures may continue to change in order to comply with leadership recommendations at federal, state and local levels. However, please know that our commitment to your property has not and will not change. We will continue to serve your property to the best of our abilities. We will keep you updated on any further changes to our operations.